I have a multi-faceted approach to my work with you and take into account the whole context of your life to foster the change you seek.
- A systems approach like this appreciates the many factors that make you the person you are. We can marshal internal and external resources to your cause. Together, we can aim shift weakness to strength, improve relationships and life satisfaction.
- The use of Cognitive/Behavioral strategies helps you appreciate how your thinking impacts your behavior for good or for ill. Changing thought patterns can increase your effectiveness, and appreciation in life.
- Relational Recovery strategies are part of an eclectic meld of therapeutic approaches that together can be very effective in meeting your goals. These approaches can also help you integrate the inevitable loss and grief that life brings.
I’m Mary Anne Lushe (sounds like Loosh) and I’ve been working as a therapist for over 30 years. I started as an adult educator and made the shift toward therapy to maximize and personalize the ways I could be helpful to clients.
Where did I get to know about doing therapy?
- Wayne State University School of Social Work
- Licensed as a Master Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist
- Seven years in a professional group studying trauma treatment at Trauma Recovery Center in Michigan
- Studies in Metaphor Therapy
- Studies in Relational Recovery Therapy
- Social Worker on inpatient psychiatric unit
- Ongoing education with approved providers
Some important values I bring to therapy
- You will be treated with Respect.
- You will receive Honest feedback from me, without judgement.
- You will set goals that can be updated as you progress.
- Your privacy is a central concern
- A sense of humor