I’m Mary Anne Lushe (sounds like Loosh) and I’ve been working as a therapist for the past 27 years. I started as an adult educator and made the shift to therapy when I felt the need to work with people at a deeper and more personal level.
How did I get to know about doing therapy?
- Wayne State University School of Social Work
- Licensed as a Master Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist
- Seven years in a professional group studying trauma treatment at Trauma Recovery Center in Michigan
- Studies in Metaphor Therapy
- Studies in Relational Recovery
- Social Worker on inpatient psychiatric unit
Some important values I bring to therapy
- Honest feedback
- Collaborative goals
- High value placed on your privacy
- A sense of humor